Moving parts of kde-baseapps to plasma-workspace

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Tue Jul 1 16:49:53 UTC 2014

On 07/01/2014 06:36 PM, Vishesh Handa wrote:
> 2. Folder View Applet - This seems to be covered with
> plasma-desktop/containments/folder. So, should we just delete
> kde-baseapps/plasma?
>
> @Eike: I think you worked on this, right?

Yeah, this can die. Folder now lives in plasma-desktop.

> We additionally seem to have a copy of libkonq in plasma-desktop.

Yup, plasma-desktop currently has a partial, private copy of libkonq
to avoid a dependency on kde-baseapps. Commits go to kde-baseapps
first and get merged into the plasma-desktop copy.

The plan between dfaure, Kevin and me is to tackle splitting up the
lib across a bunch of KF5 frameworks post-5.0 and so eliminate the
duplication.

libkonq in baseapps is also used by Dolphin, kfind and others, but
if we're not releasing any of those, libkonq doesn't need to be
released right now.

> Vishesh Handa

Cheers,
Eike