5.0 and 5.1 Release Plans

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Jul 1 11:02:23 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, July 01, 2014 12:40:06 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 July 2014, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> >

> > Why not the latest one? I don't see an advantage in restricting ourselves
> > to older releases. We *want* people to use the latest and greatest, and I
> > think we should mandate an up-to-date frameworks, when people are
> > installing Plasma.
>
> yeah, +1
> and what about the part of having a bugfix only branch?
> is it a good thing or an impediment?

I like it, allows us to push out fixes quickly. Monthly worked well in the
past, and was appreciated by our users. The monthly updates should not update
the dependency requirement, though, so no new plasma-framework needed for a
bugfix release of plasma-workspace (in theory, in practice, you'll want the
bugfixes in frameworks as well, but not strict dependency bump).

sebas