Using kqmlgraphplugin in Plasma Next

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 14:21:18 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 7:26 PM, Mark Gaiser <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Porting the graph-plugin to Qt5 is likely going to take you a few days
> depending on how much you work on it.

I already have working port of kqmlgraphplugin, (Surprise? :D)

Well yes some things are not working but yes, Porting is not much
effort. But after that my real problem is how Plasma applets will use
it? I prepared my graph plugin with these needs in my mind. But graph
plugin from sebas have somewhat different API. So will need work to
match Plasma needs. And I told you earlier I don't want to work on
scenegraph based solution. If someone wants to he/she is free to do
and I will remove my claim from this task.

It is using QAbstractTabelModel, so applets will need to create
datamodel which can feed data to graph plugin. Or something different
way(?). And I don't think some pure QML only applet want to pull in
extra C++ based models to plot charts.

So I am totally confused and diverged, I can not decide what to do?

Thanks!

--
Bhushan Shah

http://bhush9.github.io