Status on using KStatusNotifierItem for QSystemTrayIcon

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Jan 29 17:33:15 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 18:17:21, Martin Graesslin wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 January 2014 18:07:02 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 2014-01-29, 14:52:09, Martin Gräßlin wrote:

> > > This obviously is not a solution. If I get positive reviews on item 1 I
> > > will start to move the X11 implementation to the xcb plugin.
> >
> > I think that should be done independently, i.e. that is a good idea in any
> > case, independent of whether the review for (1) finds support.
> > Moving the X11 systray icon implementation into the XCB plugin reduces
> > platform specific code in qtbase/src/widgets and places it where it
> > belongs
> > (the QPA).
>
> Yes, I agree. Just that for moving the X11 implementation into the XCB
> plugin I need the same extension to the API (the problem with the menu is
> also present there, already checked the implementation of the XCB plugin).

Ah, I see.
Then I would even more so suggest to make the XCB adjustment right away, since
a "needed by" entry makes it more obvious why this is done in the first place.

It says "this is more than just abstraction fun, this is really actually
needed" way more than this one sentence you currently have in the commit
message.

> > Given the diff snippet X11 is the only remaining platform beside Windows
> > where this has not happened yet.
> >
> > > Any support on the Qt code review will be appreciated :-)
> >
> > Looking at it right away.
>
> Cool, thanks.

No problem, done :)

Cheers,