Release schedule for Plasma Next

Martin Graesslin mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed Jan 29 15:36:22 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 29 January 2014 16:00:17 Eike Hein wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 January 2014 15:53:21 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > Let's aim for one week, we can delay the Alpha if need be, but
> > realistically, we should only integrate things that are really done. Ways
>
> > to make the post- feature-freeze week not cause havoc:
> One week (rather than the three days in the original timeline)
> feels good, +1.

Do we really need this one week in between? Just tag and release on the day of
feature freeze. It's the responsibility of all of us to not screw up. Why add
to the release schedule the possibility to screw up? We are giving out the
hint that "it doesn't matter if you push your feature have finished, you have
another week to fix it". We want an always releasable master, thus we don't
want people to continue to do that. Features should be pushed if they are done
and not half finished.

Cheers
Martin