Proposed fix for issue 330115

Shantanu Tushar Jha shaan7in at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 15:04:24 UTC 2014

The problem is here-

W: Failed to fetch
gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/in.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_saucy_universe_binary-amd64_Packages
Hash Sum mismatch

W: Failed to fetch
gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/in.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_saucy_main_binary-i386_Packages
Hash Sum mismatch

Which basically means something went wrong when downloading these files.
Try sudo apt-get update few more times till this is fixed. If it still
doesnt go away, try a different network connection. Failure to download
these is causing the problems installing the packages.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 8:06 PM, R.Harish Navnit <harishnavnit at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 7:38 PM, Shantanu Tushar Jha <shaan7in at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> try these-
>>
>> sudo apt-get update
>> sudo apt-get install -f
>>
> This the output log of the above commands :
> http://pastebin.kde.org/p7pybjb6o
>
> I tried running "sudo apt-get install libdeclarative-multimedia" :
> http://pastebin.kde.org/pxsijngsm
>
> and "sudo apt-get install kffmpegthumbnailer" :
> http://pastebin.kde.org/pxi0rc50l
>
> I'm still getting more or less the same output log . What's going wrong ?
>
> Regards.
> R.Harish Navnit
> The Enigma <http://harishnavnit.wordpress.com>

Shantanu Tushar    (UTC +0530)