Notes from "Async and representation"

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Jan 29 12:51:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 9:14 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> New prototype, completely different direction :)  (and that's one i actually
> like)

The parts I like:
 - a split of AppletInterface acting just as an interface and a new
class handing the QtQuick UI.

 - The relevant properties are now auto-documented \o/

 - Use of attached Layouts.

 - fullRepresentation being loaded asynchronously.

 - switchWidth/Height being separate from sizeHints of either object;
it implicitly solves the milou case of always wanting to use compact
mode in the panel
(personally, I would just drop the switching completely anyway)

Parts I don't understand:

In compactRepresentationCheck
when we are loading the compact version we still call
createFullRepresentationItem(). I assumed we wanted to avoid that.

It would be better if we could just pass the QQmlComponent to the
compactExpanderItem properties, and only create the items when we do
the popup. I guess this could be done at a later date.

David