KQuickControls

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 22:49:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 10:52 PM, David Edmundson
<david at davidedmundson.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 8:19 PM, Mark Gaiser <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> Alternatively we can make a new framework for all KDE bindings. (such
>>> as KIO which is being discussed right now)
>>
>> Do you have more information about that?
>>
>> I'm asking because i probably have much of that already. Remember my
>> Accretion project. It uses KIO and is fully written in QML.
>
> It was a passing comment in #plasma whilst I was writing this. We
> wanted to determine the mimetype of a URL, and found we had no
> bindings.
>
> If your KIO stuff is generic, that's a good candidate for our KDE QML
> bindings.. or a KIO/import directory. Whichever we decide to do.

Ohh, it is very generic. But it's way more then that. It's basically a
fully rewritten KIO handling thus "just merging it" isn't an option.
This is the stuff i also talked about during the last pim sprint (way
off topic for pim..). I still need to draft up some documentation for
you and a couple other to review it since the intention is to get it
merged.

On the point, it does allow you to get the mime type of a file but
only in a "folder listing", not per url since i never needed that :p

Lets keep it at this since it's kinda off topic for this thread.