Minutes Monday Plasma hangout

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 17:02:38 UTC 2014

On Monday 27 January 2014, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Plasma Meeting January, 27th, 2014
> Present: Martin Gräßlin, Marco Martin, Sebastian Kügler, Martin Klapetek,
> Alex Fiestas
>
> sebas
>   - finish and merge hidpi branch
>   - to review notmart's branch
>   - collecting tasks for designer
>   - start release schedule discussion on plasma-devel
>   - fix sytemtray bugs
>
> notmart
>   - merged contrast blur effect \o/
>   - parameters for this effect should perhaps move into theme?
>   - work on appletComponent branch, working needs review (branch in plasma-
> framework, kde-workspace and plasmate)
>   - Comments on that branch are welcome

Indeed.
to test the branch, is mart/AppletComponent in 3 repos:
* plasma-framework
* kde-workspace
* plasmate

then there is a test applet that works, so
plasmoidviewer -a org.kde.example.compactrepresentation

one thing that may be tried is to port a complicated applet, without my
input.. and see how it goes. that can be telling ;)

That's the brutal approach that requires major porting.
another idea i had is to do an attached property that would be like
Plasmoid.compactRepresetation and Plasmoid.fullRepresentation (with the latter
being optional, falling back to the current way)
that would be already a bit cleaner than the current way in master but require
just a minor porting and less hacks.

so try it, try to port, and feedback :)

Cheers,
Marco Martin