[kde-promo] Plasma Next Naming - Take 2

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jan 27 14:14:46 UTC 2014

On Monday, January 27, 2014 15:05:43 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> >  * Inside Plasma team, we'll start referring to the next version simply as
> >
> > "Plasma Next". This will always be the "next major version to be
> > released".
> > We encourage everyone to start using "Plasma Next", we don't want this to
> > be inside-thing only
>
> Hmmm, it makes sense as temporary solution until we have a release date
> (the  role Plasma 2 is fulfilling atm) but I'm not sure if it doesn't just
> add unneeded clutter to our message. Once we know there will be a plasma
> 2014.06, we can just call it that, right?

The concern here is that we're not sure we'll be able to deliver every release
in time.

Although, thinking of it, I think in the past 6 years, we missed exactly one
planned release, by two weeks. Going by that experience, as long as we plan to
release in the first two weeks of a given month, we should be fine. :)

sebas