Proposed fix for issue 330115

R.Harish Navnit harishnavnit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 11:28:39 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 12:21 AM, Sinny Kumari <ksinny at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Harish,
>
> You have done great job!.

Thanks for the compliments :)

> Few things I want to say:
> 1. Try to post queries on plasma-devel Mailing List so that you don't have
> to wait for reply from one person, any one can reply to you.

I'll make sure I do .

> 2. You don't need to add plasma-mediacenter project on github. Its source
> code with all git summary are already maintained within KDE
> https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/multimedia/plasma-mediacenter/repository.
> So, you can clone it and make changes there itself and can commit(after
> getting commit access) or send patch for same (details are mentioned at
> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Plasma_Media_Center/getting_started_with_PMC#Submitting_patch
> )

Oh , I never new we could commit changes to those repo. That's great news .

> 3. In case you don't have much idea about what is git, how git works and
> how to create a patch for a git repo, take a look at any simple git
> tutorial available on web (e.g http://git-scm.com/docs/gittutorial).

I'm pretty okay with git . I have an idea at the very least. It is with qml
that I have some learning to do :)

> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 6:32 PM, R.Harish Navnit <harishnavnit at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi ,
>>
>>       I've made changes to the code which I believe should help in fixing
>> the issue that I reported . I'm not sure new to QT and also how the code
>> works in the app .
>>
>> The changes that I've made to the code can be found here :
>> https://github.com/harishnavnit/plasma-mediacenter/blob/test/mediaelements/mediawelcome/HomeScreenFooter.qml
>>

> I checked this file and you have done as expected, only you need to remove
> "else contnue"  statement. QML doesn't have continue statement, you can see
> in terminal output also which says "SyntaxError: Invalid continue
> statement". After removing, it will work as expected.

I'll try it out at the earliest , I'm a bit busy shifting rooms now . (We
have our college tech-fest that will start next week). Hope to have this
sorted asap.

> Cheers!
> --
> http://www.sinny.in