Notes from "New OSD in Plasma 2"

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 14:28:44 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 21 January 2014 14:26:59 Martin Klapetek wrote:
> > On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org>
> wrote:
> > > I had a look and the Plasma side seems fine. You can verify using
> xprop.
> > > My
> > >
> > >  demo dialog got the notification type.
> >
> > Hmm...I might have been wrong then, using xprop on the OSD I get
> >
> > _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE(ATOM) = _KDE_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_OVERRIDE,
> > _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_NORMAL
>
> That's not what I had. My example code which I wrote this morning for
> testing:
> http://pastebin.kde.org/phhnfbtda
>
> I executed the code using qmlscene. Maybe that makes a difference.

Ok, two things I noticed:

1) If "visible: true" is not present, the type is never NET::Notification,
even in your code. Once added, it has proper type.
2) This works when executed in qmlscene only, it does not work when
using KDeclarative::QmlObject for the dialog.

I'll investigate why.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer