Notes from "New OSD in Plasma 2"

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Jan 21 13:26:59 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:

> I had a look and the Plasma side seems fine. You can verify using xprop. My
>  demo dialog got the notification type.

Hmm...I might have been wrong then, using xprop on the OSD I get

_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE(ATOM) = _KDE_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_OVERRIDE,
_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_NORMAL

Which I don't understand as the Dialog code looks fine and it goes through
"NETWinInfo::setWindowType(..)" setting the notification type properly.

Also if the type is "Normal", shouldn't it have normal win decorations? I'm
getting a borderless window (unless that's actually done by some inner kwin
stuff).

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer