Notes from "New OSD in Plasma 2"

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 13:10:15 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Kai Uwe Broulik <kde at privat.broulik.de>wrote:

> Am Samstag, 18. Januar 2014, 14:01:29 schrieb Martin Klapetek:
> > Ah yes, I should have updated the list about that - I talked to Jens
> > shortly after and we came up with more icons than I requested originally,
> > including the "keyboard brightness" plus one for Wi-Fi being turned
> on/off
>
> Aaaand Bluetooh, and Touchpad? ;)

Bluetooth should already be there somewhere and touchpad too, yes.

Ok I just checked the log here's the complete list we talked about (sorted
by priority):

 * Screen brightness
 * Keyboard layout
 * Keyboard brightness
 * Wi-Fi on/off
 * Touchpad on/off
 * Bluetooth on/off (already there)

They should all be usable from OSD and also in their smaller versions from
inside plasmoids (like the battery one). I had left that up to Jens to
either make two sets of them (big for OSD with different details; small for
systray/plasmoid icons) or just one scalable.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer