Systemtray breakout notes

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri Jan 17 10:02:14 UTC 2014

On Friday, 2014-01-17, 10:27:13, Djuro Drljaca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> what about a separate component just for XEmbed? This would solve the
> modern systray dependency problems and the users that really need XEmbed
> could just add XEmbed systray component next to the modern systray
> component.
>
> I know this would be ugly, but it might be a good compromise...

Just saying that I was thinking the same.
Ideally as a Plasma applet so it can be put into a Plasma panel, but IMHO
still OK if it were just a tiny, plain stay-on-top window.

I.e. it is ok if it is ugly, not well integrated or not integrated at all, if
it is available in some way.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring