QML Calendar stuff

Mitch Curtis mitch.curtis at digia.com
Wed Jan 15 15:19:43 UTC 2014

On 01/15/2014 02:27 PM, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> On Wednesday, 2014-01-15, 00:14:37, Martin Klapetek wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:09 AM, Mark Gaiser <markg85 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Just events? No todo, journal and holiday?
>>> Or is "everything" a "event"?
>>
>> Yes, everything is an event which has a type property, which can be todo,
>> journal or holiday (or whatever).
>
> I am not sure if this is wise. On the calendaring level there will be events,
> todos, etc.
> Using "Event" in QML for the base type (ical calls them "calendar components",
> KDE's calendaring library calls them "incidences") might lead to confusions
> when applications handle things from both C++ and QML.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

Also, Qt Quick Controls can't have C++ classes exposed. I would prefer
that we first make it possible to integrate your own events into the
Calendar somehow.

During the sprint in Barcelona, I was told that events for the calendar
in Plasma are stored in an SQL database. How about this:

Calendar doesn't expose any model; any extra data that you want to
associate with a date is managed by you. In the case of Plasma:

Calendar {
     SqlCalendarModel { id: eventsSqlModel }

     style: CalendarStyle {
         dateDelegate: Rectangle {
             // ...

             Text {
                 text: eventsSqlModel.eventAt(index).eventName
             }
         }
     }
}