Selecting wallpaper during Activity creation

Thomas Pfeiffer colomar at autistici.org
Fri Feb 28 13:43:20 UTC 2014

On 28.02.2014 13:22, David Edmundson wrote:
> Possible downside is it ties in the notion that activities are just
> about wallpapers and widgets which isn't really the case, and not
> something we want people to think.

Good point, though in Plasma Active, from what I've learned from
watching people use it, this does not happen. There are other factors
which certainly influence the perception of Activities in Plasma Active
more than the creation dialog (the example Activity with all sorts of
stuff in it, the big "Add Items" button which allows to link all kinds
of stuff to it, ...), but overall, people get pretty quickly that
Activities are not mostly about wallpapers and widgets in Plasma Active.
Actually I think that whether people can set wallpapers immediately or
not doesn't influence their mental model of what Activities are very
much. It's more of a convenience thing and helps people to distinguish
between Activities more easily.