Ideas Critical to PMC

R.Harish Navnit harishnavnit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 12:50:52 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Shantanu Tushar Jha <shantanu at kde.org>wrote:

> Hi Harish,
>
> We did discuss some ideas and will be putting it on the ideas list asap.
> Feel free to propose your ideas as well :)

I checked some of the ideas mentioned in the ideas page. I find the project
"Integrate with Simon" quite interesting and would actually like to work on
the same for my GSoC project if possible.

Here are some more feature that I'd like to see implemented, either as a
GSoC or as simple modules anyways.

1. Creating a detailed Settings page(right now it's really blank and
contains little options).
2. Enabling profiles(admin and subversions where an individual can store
personal settings) in PMC.
3. Several basic features like when viewing Pictures, and option to
rotate/zoom/crop/add effects would be great.
    When playing songs, adding basic features like "Shuffle", "Repeat" and
fetching lyrics(and subtitles for videos) should be added.
4. It'd be great if the songs being played can be viewed with the album
cover and some basic visualization also being added.
    Sorting the list of songs and adding ratings can be included.
5. Adding simple news feeds that just flow by in the bottom of the screen
while other activities are carried on simultaneously.(user can
    add the source)
6. The current playing track must not be stopped if a picture is opened for
viewing(can this be considered a bug?)
 7. Finally an idea as such
http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2010/Ideas#Project:_Distributed_Collections
implemented
in PMC would be
     cool as well.

While it'd be great if any of the above mentioned can be added to the ideas
page of GSoC '14, I do understand that they might not necessarily have the
caliber of a GSoC project idea :)

Warm Regards.

Thanking You
R.Harish Navnit