Minutes Monday Plasma hangout

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Wed Feb 19 20:12:28 UTC 2014

> no, one needs the QImage to load the data into the QSGTexture (you don't want
> to use the FBO for that). Of course it should be fine to create the QImage on
> the stack and discard it once it's loaded into the QSGTexture and I assume
> David is doing exactly that.

It doesn't quite get discarded.

Plasma::Svg keeps a copy all of the images it doles out in a cache at
different sizes. It kinda makes sense, but is also partly the source
of our high memory.

Because QImage is implicitly shared it should at least be the same
underlying image in both the cache and here, which is good. Even
better because both QSGTexture are created as copies of the same
QImage from the cache it should be the same underlying QImage data
between the two QSGTextures.

David