kf5 alpha 1 : modules, versions

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sat Feb 8 11:44:48 UTC 2014

On Saturday 08 February 2014 11:36:26 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Saturday 08 February 2014 10:59:19 David Faure wrote:

> > > To me the main issue is that there will still be several changes in
> > > there
> > > (freeze is at the end of march) would be this ok?
> >
> > Yes, it's just an alpha, any kind of change can still happen after that.
>
> ok, soo, what we should have to do on our part? :)

+ First, answering the questions below:

*  plasma-framework depends on kactivities which is also not a proper
framework. Shall we make it one and release it together with the others?
It needs a bit of updating in the cmake stuff (it has too many of the usually
toplevel stuff like ecm_setup_version etc. in the subdir src/lib/core).

* OK if I run astyle-kdelibs in both, to harmonize coding style?
(drawback: it makes forward-porting changes from 4.x harder)

+ Can you add both to http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/List?
This includes figuring out who to write down as maintainer :)

+ plasma-framework/README.md should be completed with a description

+ according to http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Policies, the autotests and
tests in plasma-framework should move to the toplevel.
+ In kactivities, the actual autotests like ./tests/core should move to an
autotests subdir.

+ kactivites needs a README.md, a kactivities.yaml and a .reviewboardrc

Both frameworks need to be ported to ecm_generate_headers and
ecm_generate_pri_file. Do you want to look at that too?

Of course I can release 4.96.0 without any of the above apart from an answer
to the first question :)