Animation durations

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Feb 3 09:35:06 UTC 2014

On Sunday, February 02, 2014 16:59:00 Marco Martin wrote:
> On Sunday 02 February 2014, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > On Sunday, February 02, 2014 11:24:59 Ivan Čukić wrote:
> > > Is there any particular reason for Animations.js not being present in
> > > the
> > > qmldir file of PlasmaExtras?
> > >

> > > IMO, it should be made public, so that all components/applets can use
> > > the
> > > predefined animation versions. Especially when 'animations off' option
> > > is
> > > considered.
> >

> > Possibly to be made configurable, and put into units, even? In this case,
> > we'll probably need a more fine-grained solution, maybe
> > units.shortAnimation (for things like highlights on buttons), and
> > longAnimation (for example the sliding of a popup).
>
> i'm not sure if configurability is a good idea at all.
> the only this that should be configurable is the possibility to centrally
> disable all animations.
> if due to that central configuration units will report 0 as those lengths,
> that's ok

Ok, what I meant was in fact not configurable (don't really have a strong
opinion on that), but centrally controllable. That means having all animation
durations come from a central location (units?!), so they can be switched off
altogether.

Anybody objecting to adding this to units, in the form of  shortDuration and
longDuration properties (I agree with Ivan that the currently used ones are
not the most intuitive names)?
--
sebas