testing a plasma applet with plasmoid viewer despite PackageUrlInterceptor

Philipp A. flying-sheep at web.de
Sat Dec 27 21:11:48 UTC 2014

Hi,

i’m developing a plasma wiget with C++ plugin.

consistent with how upstream packages do it, with my package being called
`org.kde.plasma.steam`, the plugin is called `org.kde.plasma.private.steam`.

i try to load my plasmoid from its dev directory via

    QML2_IMPORT_PATH="../build/:$QML2_IMPORT_PATH" plasmoidviewer "$@" .

now my problem is that the following seems to be triggered:

https://projects.kde.org/projects/frameworks/plasma-framework/repository/entry/src/plasmaquick/packageurlinterceptor.cpp?rev=master#L128

i.e. `path().contains("org/kde/plasma/private")`, so `pathCheck` should be
replaced with `org.kde.plasma.steam`. but why does the following test fail?
`pathCheck == m_package.metadata().pluginName()`

the plasmoidviewer should load the app metadata, which clearly states
`X-KDE-PluginInfo-Name=org.kde.plasma.steam`

https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/sdk/plasmate/repository/revisions/frameworks/entry/plasmoidviewer/view.cpp#L105