Plasma 5.2 bits for kdereview

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Dec 23 13:51:05 UTC 2014

On Friday, December 19, 2014 18:46:11 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> > kscreen and libkscreen maintained by Dan Vrátil.  libkscreen is already
> > released with Plasma but isn't in kde/workspace.
> >
> >  https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/libs/libkscreen
> >  https://projects.kde.org/projects/extragear/base/kscreen
>
> I disagree with moving libkscreen to kde/workspace. It is a dependency for
> at least one application (Okular), which has no Framework version for now
> but it will have it. It would make more sense to have libkscreen in
> Frameworks, like libnm*

libkscreen is not ready for that, currently. It's not API stable enough to
warrant such a step. It is used mainly in Plasma, but also by others (you name
Okular). I don't see that as a problem, you won't have to install all of
Plasma just to get libkscreen. It's at least a much better place to be grouped
under than "playground".

If you're still against moving it from playground, where would you rather see
it?

sebas