Plasma Sprint Q1 2015

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Tue Dec 23 11:27:22 UTC 2014

On Friday, 2014-12-19, 17:43:00, Scarlett Clark wrote:
> On Friday, December 19, 2014 11:51:34 PM David Edmundson wrote:
> > ​You know the drill: https://sprints.kde.org/sprint/260
> >
> > Any questions, ping me.
>
> Oh oh! I wanna go! But the question is would it be useful for me to go. I
> need to convince people to pay my way lol. What do these sprints usually
> entail? Scarlett

David already answered with the general plan, but I think it is important to
also say that sprints are always shaped by the people who attend.

My personal experience is mostly with PIM sprints, but these morph quite a lot
depending on who attends.

Lately we had the pleasure of having usuability/design/interaction people
attending the sprints which naturally lead to lot of UI work being done (as in
contrast to primarily backend work).

The attendence of translators, for example, could help to improve the quality
of the source strings, e.g. adding context to strings that translators have
difficulties with, changing phrasing that is hard to translate, splitting
messages, etc.

The attendence of documenttion writers could help to get "hidden" things
documented properly, e.g. unknown configuration options, locations of
important files, etc., but also lead to restructuring workflows when
documentation difficulties indicate that they are currently too complex or
unintuitive.

Since we are currently in the early phases of our new major cycle, presence of
marketing/promo people should be very valuable to work on vision statements,
roadmap documents and core messaging, etc.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring