KPackage framework

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 09:21:21 UTC 2014

On Saturday 20 December 2014, David Faure wrote:
> > in the branch mart/kpluginmetadata there is an experiment in porting away
> > from kservice, tough if i go all the way it should have a complete own
> > copy of the plugin indexing (and indexing tool) since if it doesn't
> > depend from kservice it should be completely independent from it
>
> Sounds like depending on kcoreaddons (if the plugin indexing can go there)
> would be better than duplicating the whole thing.

the biggest part is there, that is the KPluginMetadata constructor that takes
a desktop file as argument.
I'm not sure about writing/reading the cache file (wether is shareable with
the one of KService library plugins)

maybe two statics for KPluginMetadata..
QList<KPluginMetadata> KPluginMetadata::fromIndex(indexPath)
void KPluginMetadata::createIndex(QList<KPluginMetadata>, indexPath)

they would just save few lines tough, the rest is different bewteen indexing
of libraries and packages.

One thing tough: since this wouldn't affect the API and if possible we would
kinda need this framework in the next workspace release, could this go in,
then moving parts afterwards?

--
Marco Martin