Plasma 5.2 parts

Jan Grulich jgrulich at redhat.com
Thu Dec 11 14:10:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Thursday 11 of December 2014 15:07 Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> 5.1.2 tars are made so it's time to be thinking about what needs included
> in Plasma 5.2
>
> New in will be Muon package manager and gtk-config, these have already gone
> through review.
>
> polkit-kde is currently going through review and if nobody objects can go
> into kde-workspace next week.  Please review it
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.general/68224/focus=85357
>
> There's some other parts which are missing from a Plasma 5 desktop and
> might make sense to ship with it..
>
> Bluedevil has a frameworks port, David Rosca seems to be the person who did
> that, do you think it would be suitable to include with Plasma 5.2?
>
> User-manager has had a port by Vishesh, it compiles and runs, shall we
> include it?
>
> kscreen has been ported by Dan Vrátil, can that be included?
>
> print-manager has been ported with Lukas and Jan being the dudes there, can
> that be included?

I think print-manager can be included, it works and I didn't notice any
problem yet, at least with the applet.

> Anyone know the kcm touchpad author? I feel that is a candidate for
> inclusion.
>
> And what's to be removed?
>
> Baloo is becoming a framework, is that all to move?  Presumably Milou still
> one of ours?
>
> Are libnm-qt and libmm-qt moving to frameworks?  Presumably plasma-nm still
> part of Plasma?

I'm trying to push libnm-qt as a framework, but so far it looks that nobody
cares about it. Not sure about libmm-qt, we don't have even unit tests and I'm
afraid we won't make it as a framework before Plasma 5.2 gets released.

Regards,
Jan
--
Jan Grulich