PlasmaCore::Dialog and QQuickRenderControl

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 13:07:30 UTC 2014

On Thursday 11 December 2014, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> > you mean it would still be possible to use qwindows as dialogs, but just
> > create them in a different way?
>
> yes

ah, internal api... splendid

> > > Any ideas how we could solve this problem? Could we make Dialog
> > > wrapping a QQuickWindow instead of inheriting it? Or are there better
> > > solutions?
> >
> > this may work, but could be a bit problematic since i guess a lot of qml
> > code expects it to expose the full qquickwindow api/properties, that
> > would all have to be wrapped
>
> That's what I would fear, too. It's certainly a lot of work and rather
> dangerous (hell we know all the problems dialog had)

has kwin a single QQuickRenderControl ?
could the following be done?
* register the QQuickRenderControl (or multiple ones by engine, if necessary)
in a some kind of singleton
* then Dialog would either call the normal superclass ctor or the one with
QQuickRenderControl if any was set

--
Marco Martin