Qt 5.4

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Wed Dec 10 15:26:45 UTC 2014

On 12/10/2014 04:14 PM, Aleix Pol wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 4:10 PM, Eike Hein <hein at kde.org
> <mailto:hein at kde.org>> wrote:
>

>     There's a bunch of unsolved new regressions (e.g. DND of files is
>     broken on 5.4) but nothing out of the ordinary breakage level I
>     guess.
>

>     Cheers,
>     Eike
>

> I wasn't aware, I've worked on that code, if you can provide a test case
> I'll give it a go.

Basically, KDE file managers use KDirModel::mimeData(QModelIndexList)
to generate MIME payload for QDrags they initiate, which means a
text/uri-list of file URLs. These are intact before QDrag::exec() but
wind up not making it to the other side - formats() has text/uri-list
and hasUrls() is true, but urls() is an empty QList. It's most likely
an encode/decode issue, i.e. the raw data is in the drop but urls()
fails to decode them. I'm guessing it's related to QTBUG-42285.

> Aleix

Cheers,
Eike