Qt 5.4

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Wed Dec 10 14:58:25 UTC 2014

Qt 5.4 is out and it's time to make a decision on whether Plasma 5.2 will
require it.

Speaking to packagers from Ubuntu, opensuse and Fedora they all have RC
packages and don't expect it to be difficult to have final packages.

I know there's a patch Martin says is needed but that shouldn't be hard to
communicate.

And there's some features that we want.

Most Plasma devs seem to be testing with Qt 5.4 anyway.

Distros like Kubuntu and Fedora want to ship with Plasma 5.2 (as I
understand it) but in some months when Qt 5.3 will just be old school.

So it seems to me like we should require Qt 5.4 and switch that soon.

Jonathan