Wayland protocols

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Wed Aug 20 19:10:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

to start another subtopic: Do we have startup notifications
on our radar?

http://standards.freedesktop.org/startup-notification-spec/startup-notification-latest.txt
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/startup-notification/

KDE has an implementation of this that is used by libtaskmanager,
and libtaskmanager contains additional work on mapping startup
notifications to windows, so it can e.g. do a clean handoff from
a notification entity to a task entity in the model (actually I
have more work in this area that will be merged into the lib
soon, as Icon Tasks needs it).

I know Gnome Shell has done some effort to get startup notifi-
cations to work on Wayland, but I don't know details.

Cheers,
Eike