Wayland protocols

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at kde.org
Wed Aug 20 06:58:21 UTC 2014

> > I'm not familiar with kactivities but a grep for winId reveals that it
> > is used by ResourceInstancePrivate::registerResourceEvent, but I don't
> > understand what does it need to communicate to the compositor.

I don't know whether this should be communicated to the compositor or what,
just saying what we need.

In a nutshell, 1) we need the application to tell which document/s is/are in
which window and 2) activity manager to know that, and which window has the
focus.

So, either the window needs to know its id, or it needs to be able to resolve
the id through kwin and kwin passes the info to kamd, or something.

--

Cheerio,
Ivan

KDE, ivan.cukic at kde.org, http://ivan.fomentgroup.org/