Customized default behavior for new plasmoids and other KDE applications, how to do this?

Aaron Peterson myusualnickname at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 14:10:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am a user experience and user interface enthusiast.

I do a lot of Kubuntu installs, and the default configuration is not
suitable.  It takes a long time for me to configure each users desktop to
something sane.

For me to support Kubuntu for my other users, I need to change the default
behavior for most of the widgets. (when they add a new one, it needs to be
initially configured the way I set it)

Do you all have some vocabulary to help me search for how to do this?
or some time to skype with me or other stuff?  I am rather broke, but I was
once willing to drive all the way to Canada to visit with Aaron Seigo.
 Germany is a bit far now.   I live in the Seattle area, and I have
coherent plans for what I need,(including ideas for settings and directory
structures )  I just don't know what other people are working on or will
accept, or if there is already a way to do this because the wiki is so
disjointed.

The cool thing about the way I want to set things up is that it would be
very easy for people with opinions other than mine to configure their
distros exactly as they want it.

--Aaron Peterson
206 334 5925  I really love to chat about this, call any time!
myusualnickname

************************************
Some of the things on my tasklist: (which include settings for other
applications in the KDE universe)
******************************
set the default behavior of dolphin file views,, (details, --not expanding
tree details, which is a setting I would use on a few folders, but not by
default)

Make all new folderview show title as full path by default, have small
icons, lock the files in place, align to grid, not have shadows. (but still
be user configurable)

I also need to set the default launchers in quicklaunch..
Set the panel to by default show on the left, at a certain width, with
"windows can cover"

I need to set the kicker to classic mode by default
     (actually disable the application launcher style, as nobody I know has
figured out how to use it)

There are a lot of other settings I need to set by default,  I want to have
a specific layout for plasmoids too...

I couldn't find documentation on how to do this at techbase or userbase, as
this is a user level problem, but It looks like I need to develop it
myself,  and I'm really frustrated with the duplication of information, and
the sparseness of anything useful... I'm willing to combine the wikis into
one coherent and useful document, and then figure this stuff out, but my
hands are tied.