Minimum translation percentage for Plasma 5 release

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Wed Aug 13 09:41:12 UTC 2014

El Dimecres, 13 d'agost de 2014, a les 09:01:14, Franklin Weng va escriure:
> >  > Well, maybe not to drop it in certain range like 65%, but to warn the
> > >
> > > coordinator when under 70%.  And when the translation rate is under 70%
> >
> > for
> >
> > > three consecutive versions (even in 69%) it can be dropped.
> >
> > The thing is, if we do that, we are punishing "Joe user" that probably can
> > still use the software at 69%
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> >   Albert
>
> Yes, I agree with it.  But it is also about the community contributions.
>  If
> 1. a language is under soft limit for several releases,
> 2. a language is warned for several times and announced about to be kicked
> out from KDE framework,
> 3. nobody cares about it (therefore nobody is coming out to "save" it)  <--
> the most important

3 is a huge step, that nobody is reading this list or my blog/twitter does not
mean that are people using it, those people for sure "care" about it.

> does KDE have to keep this language anymore?  Even a language is kicked
> out, if anyone decides to save the language, they can do it any time and
> the language will be restored in the next release.

Hence the suggestion in the other thread to show a warning telling people the
language does not meet the "optimal" percentage, they can still carry on using
the language and that if they want to help, they can come to this list to do
so.

Cheers,
  Albert