OSD above fullscreen windows

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 10:48:30 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Martin Gräßlin <mgraesslin at kde.org> wrote:

> honestly: no. There's a reason for the way it is and I'm quite sure we
> discussed it. If the arguments (e.g. private chat going over presentation)
> do
> not apply for OSD then we have to realize that a OSD needs a dedicated
> window
> type with a dedicated layer. But changing notification type handling is
> wrong.

Well there has been some mismatch I think - OSDs are using the Notification
window type, but notifications themselves (the popups) do not, so basically
the OSDs are already using dedicated type, which is why I thought OSD
should be on top of everything. Notifications (the popups) obviously should
not ;)

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer