qml controls and documentation

Aurélien Gâteau agateau at kde.org
Fri Aug 1 16:41:30 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014, at 15:26, Aleix Pol wrote:

> > > It should probably look more or less like KPushButton [1], properly
> > showing
> > > inheritance. Anybody knows how this is implemented in doxygen?
> > >
> > > Aleix
> > >
> > > [1]
> > >
> > http://api.kde.org/4.12-api/kdelibs-apidocs/kdeui/html/classKPushButton.htm
> >
> > I think the support for Qml is way more basic.
> > doxygen didn't use to support qml at all iirc the support was added by
> > Aurelien some time ago, but doesn't do for sure the "x methods inherited
> > from
> > foo" part.
> >
> > but i wouldn't know how to make it go to fetch the documentation from the
> > corresponfing qtcontrol.
> >

> Well, maybe it should stop being basic :D.
> /me invokes an Aurélien.
>
> Hey, do you know where can we find the code that generates the
> documentation for QML modules? Do you know how hard would it be to
> implement inheritance and inheritance graphs like in C++?

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

Doxyqml basically turns qml into pseudo-c++ which Doxygen can digest.
One can link Doxygen documentation to external documentation through
Doxygen tag files (ie: generate tag files for external doc then refer to
those tag files from within your Doxygen documentation). I believe if
one gets to generate Doxygen tag files for QtQuickControls then those
tag files could be linked to KF5 documentation.

The key question here is how to generate tags for QtQuickControls. I
think there are two ways to do so: either patch qdoc to generate them,
or run Doxygen + Doxyqml on QtQuickControls.

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to investigate how to make this
work, but I am happy to answer questions.

Aurélien