Scriptengines and other language bindings: what to do?

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 20:11:06 UTC 2014

On Friday 25 April 2014 21:54:44 Luca Beltrame wrote:
> In short, and I say this as a person who did a lot on bindings, I would
> suggest to remove script engines from the Plasma repository: I'd much
> prefer, if someone ever wanted to hack on them, to have them *outside* the
> repo and under a clear maintenance that's not on the already burdened core
> Plasma team.
>
> If you agree with this I can perform the removal at least on the Python
> scriptengine.
>
> Opinions?

if you think it's not necessary, +1 from me, again since I don't have enough
Python or Ruby experience to me they really have to have a maintainer if they
want to live ;)

anyways to be clear, those python and ruby scriptengines are bindings for
dataengines, not plasmoids.

The only binding for Applet * existing at the moment in plasma2 is the QML one
(pretty much the only possible when treating with qmlscene)

--
Marco Martin