plasma-framework in kdereview

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 18:32:32 UTC 2014

On Friday 25 April 2014 20:10:31 Martin Gräßlin wrote:

> > argh :/, I wasn't aware at all about that :/
> > I would have ported the users of it removing it from libplasma.
> > when was this done? why wasn't notified/things weren't ported to it?
>
> sorry about that, would be me to blame. I did the integration into KConfig.
> No idea how it could happen that you weren't aware of it. And I also don't
> remember why I didn't adjust plasma-framework, but I assume that it was too
> much in flux at that time to do such a change.

Seems the problem is that Service is using a subclass to support multiple
groups (each operation is a different group, plasmoids support one group)

the problem is that it subclasses the parser, ConfigLoaderHandler that is
private.

so, on one hand exposing ConfigLoaderHandler in kconfig doesn't seem too
clean, on the other hand, not being able to tap in the parsing in subclasses
may be a limitation as well tough

--
Marco Martin