plasma-framework in kdereview

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 13:43:39 UTC 2014

On Friday 25 April 2014 15:24:50 Luigi Toscano wrote:
> On Friday 25 of April 2014 15:14:46 Àlex Fiestas wrote:
> > Moving plasma-framework to frameworks means that we will loose flexibility
> > since we won't be able to break api/abi.
> >
> > So, do we really have to move it there? Imho would be prudent to keep it
> > somewhere else where api/abi stability is not mandatory.
> >
> > Also, right now there is only one user of this framework (plasma-desktop),
> > I would wait until at least we have 2 more shells based on it to commit
> > to any stability.
>
> Wasn't/isn't libplasma supposed to be used also by other applications
> (amarok was the main user I guess)?

It always was.
wether they want to use it or not it's their problem

and this attitude of "pest dependency" deeply bothers me and makes me not much
really motivated to keep working on it.

yes, it has a lot of dependencies and is not optimal.
f i would have it primarly as ligthtweight libraries i would split it at lest
in 3-4 parts, but i think it's better preventing the fragmentation of little
libraries in this case

--
Marco Martin