Plasmoids: X-KDE-PluginInfo-Website=http://plasma.kde.org/ invalid?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Fri Apr 25 07:27:27 UTC 2014

On Saturday, April 19, 2014 11:29:50 scl wrote:
> I lately reworked a plasmoid. As desired in
> the [Plasma/QML Getting started document]
> the file metadata.desktop contains the line
> X-KDE-PluginInfo-Website=http://plasma.kde.org/.
>
> However, when I enter this URL in my browser
> I can't access it. I tried yesterday and today
> and with various computers and browsers but
> always get the same result. Ping immediately
> results in timeout.
>
> Is this URL still valid and if not, which
> URL do developers need to include now?

This key is meant to be the user-visible website, so perhaps
http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma is a better starting point to point to?

Plasma team: Any objections against changing it throughout? We haven't
bothered to update plasma.kde.org in years and now it's dead (and that's
probably a good thing), maybe it's time to admit that and run a perl script
over our metadata.desktop files? (I can do that.)

sebas