Widget and windeco themes for Plasma Next

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 20:07:34 UTC 2014

On Thursday 24 April 2014 13:18:32 Jens Reuterberg wrote:
> For me personally I want to be able to introduce this issue to the
> community so I will need exact specs on what is needed design wise for
> the first version - I mean say that we need to edit the Breeze theme
> for oxygen? Or perhaps edit the Oxygen standard theme to better fit the
> widget theme? I mean if it's IMPOSSIBLE to fix until two years from now
> ("years") what can we do to alleviate the issues of design?
>
>  From my POV having one Plasma theme that is clashing violently with a
> widget theme or a widget theme that is clashing violently against a
> window theme is simply worse that going out now and saying "we wont
> change anything". So if you guys want to use the Breeze Plasma theme,
> fine. Can we use the widget theme? If not then we have a massive
> problem that should be solved.
> If we can, can we somehow save the situation a bit by editing or
> fiddling with Oxygen window decorations visuals to make them play nice?

If you think that on the design side, having oxygen widget style and windeco
on the first release, on a side of message to the outside, of strenght of
design language etc, we can try to go with QtCurve that is well tested.

I assumed the consensus was to keep oxygen for the first release and have
another one for the second, but probably was a miscommunication ;)

--
Marco Martin