Qt Quick Controls style

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 05:47:06 UTC 2014

Hello all,

We completed the visual design for the UI controls recently in the VDG
forums. After a little finalization work, it's available in my scratch repo
(git.kde.org:scratch/alake/BreezeStyle). I know a general Breeze project
repo was recently suggested, which would work just fine I think. We can
move this into that repo once it's set up.

One thing I'm not really sure of are the appropriate cmake related files to
make sure it gets installed in the right location. It seems to work fine
when I install it to
/usr/lib/1386-linux-gnu/qt5/qml/QtQuick/Controls/Styles on my Kubuntu
install and set QT_QUICK_CONTROLS_STYLE=Breeze. I'm hoping someone else
with better knowledge about than me can tackle that.

>From the visual design side, consider this the reference design for UI
controls. That means other UI controls implementations intended to fit in
the overall Breeze visual design should probably match this design as
closely as is feasible.

Hope this helps and please holler if there are any questions,
Andrew Lake