Please try to disable threaded rendering in KWin

Martin Gräßlin mgraesslin at kde.org
Fri Apr 18 09:35:27 UTC 2014

Hi all,

those who experience problems with KWin/5 (looking at e.g. Vishesh, Aleix,
Alex) please give a try to run KWin with:

QSG_RENDER_LOOP=basic

This disables the threaded rendering in QtQuick. I'm currently using it and my
experience so far is that the quality is massively improved. I got the idea
because I am experiencing problems on my main system (IvyBridge) but not on my
notebook (SandyBridge Mobile). A difference I'm aware of is that the threaded
rendering is disabled for SandyBridge Mobile.

Any feedback on positive and negative is appreciated.

Cheers
Martin