RFC: plasma tooltips animations

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 21:24:00 UTC 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 6:27 PM, Marco Martin <notmart at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 17 April 2014, Aleix Pol wrote:
> > > to see if is one of those things that is causing problems.
> >
> > I've been trying it, looks good to me, but I don't really know what to
> > test.
> >
> > I must say it feels faster though, not scientifically tested though. ;)
>
> to me causes just as many crashes on nvidia drivers than the Dialog based
> version :/
>
> i'll try to compare again with latest and greatest drivers

How do you tell it's a driver caused crash? With nvidia 331.x and 334.x I
never had any crash of plasma directly pointing to drivers, had only some
in QSGRender thing or similar, not sure how much the driver is relevant
there. Haven't seen such crash in a long time tho anyway.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer