Proposal to hide raw QML errors in Plasma Next

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 14:06:09 UTC 2014

Hello,

Currently in Plasma (both Next/KDE4) we are showing raw qml error
messages when applet fails to load.

But to our users what thing is useful is "This applet <abc> failed to
load". and to developers "Why?"

So I am thinking to change AppletError somehow so that it shows simple
user friendly error message and hides actual error message which can
be accessible by some user actions. like clicking on some button, log
files, or support information dbus module (is it ported or removed? I
can not find it)

So what are your opinion on it?

Thanks!

--