An alternative for XEmbed

Martin Klapetek martin.klapetek at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 16:27:08 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 6:14 PM, Àlex Fiestas <afiestas at kde.org> wrote:

> Another thing to take into account is that there are patches for gtk2/3 +
> qt4
> to use statusnotifier (by Ubuntu) and future version of Qt will use
> statusnotifier as well, meaning that given the correct environment we
> should be
> mostly fine.

For the record, on Kubuntu these Qt4 patches seems to have no effect with
Plasma Next - I still don't get any SNIs for apps (like Clementine) :/

Nevertheless, is there any chance to get that patch upstream (to Qt4)?
Otherwise it's just a small subset of users who will get proper systray
icons.

Cheers
--
Martin Klapetek | KDE Developer