Review Request 117450: Add Milou to the default panel layout

Vishesh Handa me at vhanda.in
Sat Apr 12 19:16:17 UTC 2014

Hey guys

I spoke with Thomas (usability) and he suggested that problem of having an
extra place to search could be potentially solved by only running either Milou
or KRunner. If it's there in the panel, then krunner will not be running and
vice versa. This would involve hacking the code to quite a extent.

Another solution (as stated by Aleix): Lets not add Milou on the panel by
default for this release. And revisit this issue for the next release. I'm a
little hesitant about just throwing this under the rug as the same arguments
will still be there the next time. I would like to take a decision now. We can
then decide from a quality assurance point of view if adding such a feature is
worth the risks for this release.

--
Vishesh Handa