Review Request 117450: Add Milou to the default panel layout

Mark Gaiser markg85 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 12 18:15:53 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 7:57 PM, Vishesh Handa <me at vhanda.in> wrote:
> On Saturday, April 12, 2014 01:01:50 AM Mark Gaiser wrote:
>> Then perhaps krunner has served it's purpose and should go back to
>> what it's name implies. Running applications.
>
> Could you please explain the purpose of the following runners -
>
> * Activites
> * Calculator
> * Kill
> * Nepomuk Search
> * Power Devil
> * Shell
> * Web Shortcuts
> * Windows
> * Bookmarks
> * Locations
> * Places
> * Recent Documents
> * Sessions
> * Solid
> * Windowed Widgets
>
> None of these runners have anything to do with "what it's name implies -
> running applications"
>
> Unless you want to be "technically correct" by arguing that they do launch
> applications. In that sense, yes they do and so do other search results.

I meant to say that krunner might be stripped to just run applications
if that means that both milou and krunner can be included.
The functionality of krunner should just be that of a console line.
Only just a simple one line with the tab completion results below it.

What krunner currently is capable of is awesome, but hardly ever used.
I hardly ever use it and i bet lots of the people using KDE don't use
it for activities, baloo/nepomuk results or even as a calculator. It's
cool to have from a technical showcase point of view but in reality
it's just not used that way. If people even know it's there to begin
with.