Visual design for logout/login/lockscreen

Andrew Lake jamboarder at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 23:28:31 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 11:47 AM, Marco Martin wrote:

> I like them a lot :D
> only thing, (just to be the perfectionist pita :p) it's a bit difficult
> right
> now to keep it themed since it has inverted colors compared to the rest
> (white
> on black) so may have to be a bit more hardcoded colors around, eventually
> would like a proper solution, but at first it may be a bit of a pain
> making it
> work correct with other themes than the default

The mockup is using the theme colors, but inverted. It is using the theme
background color (Cardboard Grey) for the foreground, and the
text/foreground color (Shade Black) for the darker background areas. So by
deliberately applying the theme colors inverted, not hardcoding them, it
should still follow the theme. Convenience functions might eventually be
useful to consistently invert the theme colors though. I can imagine lots
of other instances where we'll likely be applying colors using this simple
inversion from a visual design standpoint.

Hope this helps,
Andrew