kill the systray?

Matthias Klumpp matthias at tenstral.net
Tue Sep 24 17:28:11 UTC 2013

GNOME embeds the tray Icons in it's norification area, supporting xembed
right now. In future, they want a different notification system, which is
used exclusively (design docs are available, i will look them up at home)
However, I assume GTK+ will have a systray implementation (at least for
Xfce), so it makes much sense to discuss post-x systray now and create a
Freedesktop document for it - maybe just use DBusmenu...
Cheers,
Matthias
(Sorry for the not-inline reply, sent from my phone)