platform specific imports and import security

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 08:49:39 UTC 2013

On Thursday 19 September 2013, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> this means having a registry of permissions somewhere and a way to manage
> those permissions. colour me excited, though, as this fills in a large
> remaining gap.

and maybe nicely integrating with package signing.. ;)

> > con: a QQmlAbstractUrlInterceptor needs to be installed in order to work,
> > so works only for plasmoids at the moment (while we would want it to
> > work on any qml app)
> >

> > A way to solve the con may be installing the QQmlAbstractUrlInterceptor
> > in kdeclarative (therefore for plasmoids we would need to install a
> > subclass of the kdeclarative one that knows also about plasma packages)
>
> That makes sense imho ...

I'm more investigating, but from some tests yesterday seems to be some other
problem, since qml still thinks the file is in the folder it requested, it
can't find qml files in the same directory that are not exported, so seems
there can't be "private" classes that are specific for a formfactor.
will have to investigate to see if there is some way around, or if we have to

Marco Martin